Thursday 12 January 2012

IMPRESSIONS

I am finally here, on South African ground, in Langa and most importantly, with Play on Wheels - the new division of Project Playground, focusing on disabled children.
Only a few days have passed since I got involved with Play on Wheels but the impressions are already countless. New faces, new names, new encounters, new interactions, new environments, new smells. The most predominant impression so far is however the exceptionally positive spirit which embraces the project. It is difficult to describe that remarkable atmosphere in words but it did not take me long to understand the source of it. The people. Never before have I met people who are so passionate, dedicated and enthusiastic about their work. If there is any team who will accomplish the vision and goal of Play on Wheels it is these staff members. They WILL make a huge difference, no doubt about it. You can see it by just looking into their eyes. I will certainly do my best to contribute to their crucial work.
Although my brain is completely exhausted from an overwhelming amount of impressions I am loving every second of my time here. And this is just the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment