Wednesday 22 February 2012

BACK IN BUSINESS!

I ended my last posting by telling you that I would come back to Cape Town and to Project Playground/Play on Wheels one day. In my mind that day was not in a far away future but I still didn’t  dare to put too much hope to such an idea. Therefore I am thrilled, and still a little surprised, to realize that the day of my return was already yesterday!
 What I first thought was the end of a wonderful experience turned out to be only a two weeks break. And I am indescribably happy to be back and to meet the team again!  I have missed the work and the people every single day that I have been away. The truth is, I was never ready to leave. I had just begun the work. It felt as if I had a lot of unfinished business and loose threads to follow up on.  To return this soon gives me the opportunity to continue where I left off. It also gives me a chance to experience Play on Wheels in action, something I have been longing to see since I first started assisting in the start up of the program.
Last Monday was the opening day of the new division. A milestone for Project Playground. As sad as I was to not be part of that special happening as excited I am to soon meet all the participants at the center and see them engage in the activities which the program is offering them.
Even though the Play on Wheels is now officially open the workload has not lessened. It is as hectic as usual,  my “To-do list” is once again filled with tasks and I love it! Because I know  that it is work which matters a lot. It is conducted for important purposes. And it is part of our strive to make a change for the children. I can´t think of any better motivational factors!
My first day back in business commenced by a whole day of  workshops, facilitated by a trainer from Cape Mental Health Society. Very instructive and interesting and a perfect start of my continuous work with Play on Wheels. I need to say it again, it feels beyond amazing to be back!



No comments:

Post a Comment